tabs

September 11, 2012

{trip around the world}

this quilt has been sitting around my sewing room for a few months. i had wanted to donate this quilt and thought linking up with 100 quilts for kids was the best motivation to get this one out. i used this tutorial to try out the pattern. though a little time consuming, it was worth the effort. i used white, every other strip, to break up the colors.
the fabric is a bunch of leftover reproduction 30's fabric i had from a previous quilt i had made. this quilt also gave me practice on my machine binding.
i'm linking up to 100 quilts for kids.
quilt details:
size: 36"x48"
fabric: 30's reproduction

Swim, Bike, Quilt

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've been visiting some blogs from the 100 quilts linky. I love the zig zag quilt and your Trip Around the World. Your fwqal blocks are amazing! And you have a baby and two little ones, I better get sewing I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely quilt, it must have taken you so long!

    ReplyDelete

i *heart* comments. thanks!